Euro 2020 and Copa America are over and the summer transfer window has opened, leaving Europe’s biggest clubs to roam the market. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official deals here.
Top story: The city is ready to wait for Ken’s decision
the Harry King The saga could touch on the news that Manchester City are optimistic of securing a deal across the line for the Tottenham Hotspur star.
And The Mirror wrote that Pep Guardiola’s side are ready to wait until the end of the transfer window on August 31, with the hope that Kane’s desire to leave will be significant in the decision of Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy.
The 27-year-old previously said he wanted a new challenge, but Levy’s response so far has been that Kane is unavailable.
City are willing to pay £100m for the England international and could also include two players in a swap deal to help reach an agreement with Tottenham.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup and more
09.48 GMT: Roma is about to sign Uruguay’s left-back Matthias Vina From Palmeiras, according to Sky.
Vina, who has a contract with Palmeiras until June 2024, is expected to arrive in the Italian capital today to undergo a medical examination.
The 23-year-old has made 69 appearances for Palmeiras since joining the club in January 2020 from Nacional. He has represented Uruguay 16 times, including the start in all Celeste matches at the last Copa America.
A versatile player, who can play in defense as well as in midfield, Vina is the perfect injury substitute for Leonardo Spinazzola. Spinazzola suffered an Achilles tendon injury during Euro 2020 and will be out of action until 2022.
Vina will become Roma’s second signing of the summer after Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patricio arrived earlier this month.
Fulham Football Club (FulhamFC) 24 July 2021
09.00 GMT: Liverpool midfielder Harry Wilson He completed his move to Fulham last night for a fee of £10m.
The Wales international, 24, has scored 32 goals over the past three seasons across loan spells at Derby County, Bournemouth and Cardiff City.
However, he was unable to convince coach Jurgen Klopp that he deserved to fight for a first-team spot at Anfield, and on Saturday night completed a move to Craven Cottage.
Fulham, who were relegated to the championship last season after one season in the Premier League, also announced the signing of the goalkeeper. Paulo Gazzaniga from Tottenham on Saturday.
Paper Gossip (by Adam Brown)
– Antoine GriezmannThe player’s future could be clearer with reports that the France international has informed Barcelona that he would like to join Juventus. That’s according to Calciomercato, who said Serie A club had already contacted the 30-year-old about a potential transfer. the Blaugrana He has been active in seeking to offload Griezmann this summer as the club tries to make room on the wage bill for a renewal Lionel Messia contract.
Roma coach Jose Mourinho could target PSG Mauro Icardi as a substitute for Edin DzekoCalciomercato writes. The report stated that the striker tops the shortlist for Roma as the club continues to search the market for a key player. The 28-year-old scored 12 goals in 24 games last season while also managing to score three assists in all competitions for Mauricio Pochettino’s side.
The Daily Star reports that Manchester United are keen to move Anthony Martial After completing the signing of Jadon Sancho. The report claims Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s side are seeking a £50m transfer fee for the French striker who is currently earning £250,000 a week. Tottenham are interested in the 25-year-old, but it is unclear if Nuno Espirito Santo’s side are ready to match the assessment.
– Timo Werner He could be ready to return to the Bundesliga with reports of tangible interest from Bayern Munich. Football Insider writes that Bayern coach Julian Nagelsmann is a fan of the 25-year-old and that Chelsea would be open to a transfer of the former RB Leipzig player, who did not have the impact that was expected of him last season, to sign up. Only six goals in the Premier League from 35 games.
– Northampton Town Caleb Chokwemica He is attracting more interest from clubs across Europe with this time Spurs interested in moving into the future. Football Insider writes that the Premier League club are planning a swap deal that would see the 19-year-old move to north London. The young man played 28 games after breaking into the first team last season.
– Signed journalist Akram Connor He says Celtic have made an approach to Antwerp Aurelio Botta. The bid is said to be €2.5 million, which is €1 million less than the Belgian club’s valuation. The right-sided player is believed to be a top priority for new coach Ange Postecoglou, who took over at Celtic Park this summer.